The trainer provides all necessary inputs and connections for students to study decoding and demultiplexing of data by PCM transmitter. On – board PLL provides regeneration of clock. Synchronization between transmitter and receiver is provided by Pseudo random code.
► Input accepts two channel multiplexed data.
► On – board demultiplexed PCM receiver.
► On – Board LP filter.
► Fast and slow operation of real time operation and examination of control signal and data a LED.
► On – board PLL for clock regeneration.
► On – board sync code detector.
► Error check code options
1. Odd or even parity single bit error detection.
2. Hamming code single bit error detection and correction.
► 4 switched faults allow different error check code options.
1. Input Channels : 2 TDM serial input.
2. Demodulation : Pulse Code demodulation.
3. Clock : Regeneration by PLL.
4. Low Pass Filter : Butterworth 4th order 3.4 KHz cut – off frequency ( 02 nos ).
5. Operating Speed : Fast 16 KHz / channel ; slow 68 MHz / channel.
6. Error detection : Off -odd-even parity, hamming code.
7. Error correction : Hamming code
8. Power : 230V ± 10% 50 Hz.
9. Accessories : a. Manuals.
b. Set of Patch cords.
c. Line cord.
10. Test point : 56.
Experiment that can be performed
1. Study of pulse code demodulation technique.
2. Study of A / D converter.
3. Study of Parallel to serial data conversation.
4. Study of synchronization by Pseudo random code.
5. Study of error check code with switched faults operation.
a. sync, clock, data, lines, connected.
b. Clock, data connected.
c. Data only.
6. Study of effect of induced faults.
7. Study of time Division Demultiplexing & PCM data.
8. Study of clock Regeneration by PLL.
9. Study of importance of Clock and form synchornisation in PCM system