The trainer provides all necessary inputs and connections for students to study signal Pulse Amplitude Modulation / Demodulation techniques. Time division multiplexing and demultiplexing of signals and signal reconstruction.
► Crystal controlled Clock.
► On – board Sine Generator ( synchronised ).
► On – board Pulse Generator.
► 4 Analog input channels sampled and time division multiplexed.
► Pulse Duty Cycle Selectable
► Internal / External sampling selectable
► 4 channel demutiplexer
► Generation of clock at receiver by PLL system.
► 4th order butterworth L. P. filters.
► 5 Selectable Sampling Frequency.
1. Crystal Frequency : 6.4 MHz
2. Analog Input Channels : 4.
3. Multiplexing : Time Division Multiplexing.
4. Modulation : Pulse Amplitude Modulation.
5. On Board Analog Signal : 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 1 KHz, 2KHz ( sine wave synchronized to sampling pulse adjustable amplitude and separate variable DC level ).
6. Sampling Rate : 16 KHz / channel.
7. Sampling Pulse : With duty cycle variable from 0-90% in decade steps.
8. Clock Regeneration receiver : Using PLL.
9. Low Pass filter cut-off freq. : 3.4 KHz.
10. Test Point : 52.
11. Power : 230V ± 10% 50 Hz.
12. Accessories : a. Manuals.
b. Set of Patch cords.
c. Line cord.
13. Interconnection : 4mm Sockets
Experiment that can be performed
1. Study of pulse amplitude modulation technique.
2. Study of time division multiplexing and demultiplexing.
3. Study of PLL as freq. mutiplier to generate clock from sync signal.
4. Study of three modes of operation to regenerate original signal.
a. 3 connections ( clock, sync, information ) between transmitter and receiver.
b. 2 connections ( information, sync ) clock generated at receiver.
c. 1 connection ( information only ) clock and sync derived at receiver.
5. Study of effect of varying duty cycle of sampling pulse and signal reconstruction.