SALIENT FEATURES :
ADTRON’S Dual Converter Trainer Kit is a versatile stand alone unit useful in the study & demonstration of the principle & working of a DC Motor Speed Control. The circuit consists of a ramp generator, comparator, pulse transformer isolated trigger circuit with short circuit, overload protection & field failure protection. The unit is operated in Speed feedback mode only. A 3 pin socket for CRO is also provided for isolation. It is housed in an elegant metal cabinet with a well spread intelligently designed circuit layout on front panel. Multi – coloured test points are provided at various stages in the circuit to observe voltages & waveforms. The Dual Converter can be operated in circulating and non-circulating mode indicators are provided to indicate the quadrant of operations.
* Input : 230V, 50Hz AC 1φ.
* Output : Variable DC ( 0 – 230V ).
* Circuitry : Ramp generator, Comparator, short circuit, overload protection circuit & pulse transformer isolated trigger circuit.
* Power Circuit : Using 2 SCR’s ( 1200V, 25A ) ( i.e. Full bridge ).
* Feedback : 1. Speed.
* Protection : 1. Overload.
2. Short circuit
3. Field failure.
* Controls : 1. Speed.
2. Mode ( Circulatory / Non-Circulatory
* Indicator : 1. Drive ON.
5. Mains ON.
* Socket : 1. 8 pin socket for connecting motor & Speed Measurement unit.
2. 3 pin socket for CRO.
* Display : 1. 3 ½ digit to indicate armature current.
2. 3 ½ digit to indicate armature voltage.
3. 3 ½ digit to indicate RPM.
* Motor : 1 HP DC Motor with speed measurement unit & Loading arrangement.
* Experiment : 1. Study of firing circuit.
2. Speed control of DC motor with Speed Feedback.
3. Direction control of DC Motor
4. Operation of speed control in circulating mode
5. Operation of speed control in non-circulating mode.