SALIENT FEATURES :
* Lucidly illustrated User’s Manual unravels electronics concept through brief theoretical reviews followed by experiments, self – test questions and exercises.
* Built – in power supplies provide all the voltages necessary for experimentation.4 Modularly designed patch panel contains all commonly used discrete components.
TYPICAL EXPERIMENTS :
* Ohms Law, RC – High pass and Low pass circuits, RL – High pass and Low pass circuits, RLC series and parallel resonance circuits, Kirchoff’s Current and Voltage laws.
* Transformer’s turns ratio, Efficiency of a transformer, Relay as a switch.
* Diode characteristics, Clipping and Clamping circuits, Half – wave and Full – wave rectifiers, Zener diode characteristics, Regulators ( Line and Load ), Diode Logic gates.
* Transistor (s) characteristics of CB, CE & CC configurations.
* Transistor (s) amplifiers ( CB, CE & CC ), Power amplifiers, Differential amplifiers, Feedback amplifier current series and current shunt, RC phase shift oscillator, Bistable, Monostable and Astable Multivibrators, Schmitt Trigger, Transistor Logic gates.
* FET characteristics, FET as a source follower, FET as a voltage variable resistor.
* UJT characteristics, UJT as a relaxation oscillator.
* Triac / Diac characteristics, power control using Diac and Triac.
POWER SUPPLY :
* Output voltages available on the front panel from the built – in power supplies are :
1. Output voltage and current : 1. + 5V / 250mA.
2. + 12V / 250mA.
3. – 12V / 250mA.
4. 0 – 30V / 1A variable.
5. 0 – 70V / 50mA variable.
* All the power supplies are regulated and short circuit protected.
Load Regulation : 1 % ( No load to Full load ).
Line Regulation : 1 % (for + 10% variation in line voltage ).
Ripple : < 12 mV rms.
* Components on the patch panel include the following :
* 6 Bipolar, 1 Power and 1 matched transistor pair, 2 FET, UJT, 1 PUT & 1 MOSFET.
* 9 Diodes and 6 Zener diodes ( of different values ).
* 1 Triac / Diac pair, 1 SCR & 1 LDR.
* 68 Resistors covering all standard values from 10 W to 5 M1 ( carbon film type ).
* 18 assorted values of capacitors from 100 pF to 100 μF.
* Potentiometers ( 2 for variable power supplies, 3 others ).
* 2 Fixed Inductors ( 100 μH, 1 mH ).
* 1 12V / 1 C.O. Relay.
* 1 Audio Transformer ( 2 : 4 ).
* 1 Power Transformer with centre tap ( 12 – 0 – 12 ).
* One speaker : ( 8E / 0.5W ).
* 5 Logic inputs switches with LED indication.
* 5 Output Indicators.
* Breadboard Terminal Strip with 640 tie points.
* 1 Digital Voltmeter ( Dual range ) and 1 Current meter ( Dual range ).