In digital communication specially operating at low frequencies or speech, communication a saving in bandwidth can be result using delta modulation and its associated techniques because this requires single bit encoding of sample This trainer covers delta, adaptive delta and delta sigma modulation & Demodulation.
► Both transmitter and receiver on same board.
► Clock generation from crystal.
► 4 Switch selectable sampling rates.
► 4 on – board generators at 4 different frequencies ( synchronized ).
► Separate adjustable DC level.
► Selectable integrator gain setting by ( switch or control circuit ).
► On – board 4th order butterworth LP filter.
► Unipolar to bipolar conversion on board.
1. Crystal Frequency : 4.096 MHz.
2. Sampling Frequencies : 32 KHz, 64 KHz, 128 KHz, 256 KHz ( switch selectable )
3. On – board generator : Synchronized & adjustable amplitude sine wave generator at 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 1 KHz, 2 KHz, separate variable D.C. level
4. Integrator : 4 integrator gain settings normally x2, x4 & x8.
5. LP Filter : 4th order butterworth ( 3.4 KHz cut off ).
6. Test Points : 59.
7. Interconnections : 4 mm sockets.
10. Power : 230V + 10% 50 Hz.
11. Accessories : a. Manuals
b. Set of patch cords.
c. Line cord.
Experiment that can be performed :
1. a. Study of delta modulation & demodulation.
b. Study of effect of slope overload and increased integrator gain in delta modulation.
2. Study of adaptive delta modulation & demodulation.
3. a. Study of delta sigma modulation & demodulation.
b. Study of amplitude overload in delta sigma modulation.