SALIENT FEATURES :
ADTON’S AC Drive Demonstration Unit, 3φ cyclo converter based is a versatile stand alone unit useful in the study & demonstration of the principle & working of an AC Drive for motor control. The circuit consists of firing pulse generator for generating F / 2, F / 3, F / 4 sequence to trigger the SCR’s, firing angle control & power circuit using SCR’s, 0.5 HP AC Motor load provision to connect CRO for isolation. It is housed in an elegant metal cabinet with a well spread intelligently designed circuit layout on front panel. Multi coloured test points are provided at various stages in the circuit to observe voltages & waveforms.
* Input : 230V, 50Hz, AC 3φ.
* Output : Variable AC.
* Circuity : Discrete trigger circuit using gates to generate F / 2, F / 3 & F / 4 Sequence.
* Power Circuit : Using SCR’s of 1200V / 25A rating.
* V / F Ratio : Constant.
* Load : 0.5 HP, 3φ AC Motor with Speed Measurement
* Controls : 1. ÷ by frequency selector.
2. Firing angle.
* Indicator : 1. Mains ON.
* Sockets : 1. 8 pin socket for connecting Motor & tacho.
2. 3 pin socket for CRO.
* Display : 1. 3 ½ digit to indicate AC voltage.
2. 3 ½ digit to indicate speed in RPM.
* Motor : 0.5 HP AC motor 3 φ 230V, 50Hz with Speed Measurement
1. Study the Cyclo converter firing circuit.
2. Speed control of AC Motor.