ADTRON’S Speed Control of DC Motor Using Chopper unit is a versatile stand alone unit useful in the study & demonstration of the principle & working of a Speed Control of DC Motor using Chopper. The circuit consists of a Square wave generator, Square to triangular wave generator, Comparator, isolation circuit, Driver circuit & power transistor circuit. A motor load ( L load ) & Lamp ( R load ) load is also provided. It is housed in an elegant metal cabinet with a well spread intelligently designed circuit layout on front panel. Multi – coloured test points are provided at various stages in the circuit to observe voltages & waveforms.
* Input : 230V, 50Hz AC 1φ.
* Output : Variable DC ( 0 – 12V ) Chopped output.
* Circuitry : Square wave generator, Square to triangle wave generator, Comparator, isolation & driver circuit.
* Power Circuit : Using power transistor.
* Loads : 1. 12V / 1.5 A DC Motor. ( L load )
2. 12V / 2A Lamp load ( R load ).
* Controls : 1. Mains ON / OFF.
2. Frequency Adj.
3. Speed Control Adj.
* Indicator : 1. Mains ON.
* Socket : 1. 9 Pin D connector for motor.
2. Bulb holder for lamp load.
1. Study of firing circuit.
2. Study of chopper circuit with lamp load & observe the effect of frequency
adj.& Speed Control pots.
3. Study of chopper circuit with motor load & observe the effect of frequency adj. & Speed Control pots.