SALIENT FEATURES :
ADTRON’S DC Drive Demonstrator is a versatile standalone unit useful in the study & demonstration of the principle & working of a DC drive. The circuit consists of a ramp generator, comparator, pulse transformer trigger circuit, dynamic breaking resistor, contactor, short circuit, overload & field failure protection. The unit can be operated in five modes, namely, Forward, Reverse armature feedback, open loop, tacho feedback. A 3 pin socket for CRO is also provided for isolation. It is housed in an elegant metal cabinet with a well spread intelligently designed circuit layout on front panel. Multicoloured test points are provided at various stages in the circuit to observe voltages & waveforms.
* Input : 230V, 50Hz AC 1f.
* Output : Variable DC ( 0 – 230V ).
* Circuitry : Ramp Generator, Comparator, Pulse transformer trigger circuit, Dynamic breaking resistor, Contactor, Short circuit, Overload, & Field failure protection.
* Power Circuit : Using 2 SCR’s ( 1200V, 25A ) ( i.e. Half bridge ).
* Feedback : 1. Armature.
* Protection : 1. Overload.
2. Short Circuit.
3. Field Failure.
* Controls : 1. Speed.
2. Direction ( Forward / Reverse ) selector switch.
3. Feedback ( Armature – open loop – Tacho feedback ) selector switch.
* Indicator : 1. Drive ON.
5. Mains ON.
* Socket : 1. 8 pin socket for connecting motor & tacho.
2. 3 pin socket for CRO.
* Display : 1. 3 ½ digit to indicate armature current.
2. 3 ½ digit to indicate armature voltage.
3. 3 ½ digit to indicate RPM.
* Motor : 1 HP DC Motor with tacho & loading arrangement.
1. Study of firing circuit.
2. Speed control of DC motor with armature feedback.
3. Speed control of DC motor with tacho feedback.
4. Forward reverse operation with dynamic breaking.